In my first few seasons as a floral designer, my constant pain point was creating bouquets that looked as beautiful as the ones gracing the cover of magazines, but perhaps more importantly, that were in my imagination and heart where all of my best creations are born.
The way I wanted my bouquets to aesthetically look was clear but the tangible steps to get to this desired end goal - steps that included finding reputable wholesalers, ordering product, pricing my work, building the bouquet, transporting the bouquet, wrapping it, and then having it photographed professionally, phew! - felt impossibly overwhelming and top secret.
I’d come across photos of bouquets that made me really feel something, and I knew I wanted my work to also elicit those same feelings; for me, my clients, and ultimately the hundreds of people that would enjoy the beauty of these very creations at weddings and then afterwards in photographs once the bouquet was long gone. I firmly believe that a bouquet is one of the most nostalgic parts of a bride’s look and chances are you do too if you’re reading this. But beyond this, I want to help you build bouquets that you and your clients really, really love.
So this guide was created out of a desire to make the floral industry a stronger place, where design secrets aren’t so secretive anymore. It’s for the beginner florist who feels overwhelmed by the subjective nature of floral designing. It’s for the wedding planner looking to grasp the ins and outs of bouquet design to better serve clients having micro weddings or elopements. It’s for the floral designer who wants to take their designs to the next level, which in turn will elevate their business and increase profits.
With this resource you will receive an email, sent to your inbox the week preorders close.
You will receive a password protected link to the 35-minute video demonstration that goes hand-in-hand with the printed magazine. The video shows how I design a bouquet from start to finish and is loaded with easy to apply and understand tips and tricks to up your design skills and make your bouquets really shine.
You can expect the following to be covered in the video:
- How my workspace is prepared and laid out before I start building a bouquet to ensure a seamless design process, and what flowers and foliage I like to use most often.
- How I build a bridal bouquet in one hand to create a desirable shape and scale that is otherwise very difficult to do. I show very clearly how I use my hand and fingers to grid together stems in a way that will forever change how you build bouquets!
- How I use a ‘triangle’ approach in both the placement of my flowers and the overall structure to achieve a streamlined yet romantic aesthetic with every bouquet I make, regardless of what flowers and foliage I’m working with.
- How I know when to stop designing and ensure the bouquet looks beautiful and cohesive from four different angles without burning through my product, and as a result, losing any bit of that hard-earned profit.
- How I transport bouquets to events and then wrap ribbon around each one to give myself peace of mind; especially if a client has requested expensive silk or velvet embellishments that would otherwise get destroyed from water.
And so, so much more!
Every student will receive a virtual copy of the magazine, which includes hyperlinks to my favorite sources and suppliers. You’ll also receive a short BONUS video outlining how to style your bouquets and work with photographers to ensure you get images that highlight your work in the best light!